2.04.2011

photo booth fun.

first of all, why didn't anyone clue me in that yesterday was National De-Lurking Day?  actually, I don't think it really was, but holy cow!  you guys came out in droves!  like bears coming out of hibernation, you came pouring out from every nook and cranny of the World Wide Web.     

in fact, I was so thrilled with all the attention that I came *this* close to running out and purchasing a bigger pillow to support my giant head.  but then the truth hit me like a ton of bricks; *I* am merely second rate.  it was 1crown3tiaras amazing talent and beautiful children's apparel that brought you all to my corner of cyberspace.  oops, did you guys just hear that?  in case you missed it, *that* was the sound of my head deflating.  HSssssss.  well, it was fun while it lasted!             

so, before you all retreat back into the hedges, I want to thank you for stopping by!  come back and visit again sometime, okay?  

alright.  if you're a photog, taking a self-portrait is "the thing" to do, or so it seems.  quite a few photography websites I frequent have, at some time or another, boasted pictures of photographers behind their cameras.  and so I thought I'd give it a whirl myself, although I don't claim to be anyone famous. I'm just a mom who likes to take pictures of her kids.  and besides, I had just been to the hairdresser.

and so, after waiting for what seemed like an eternity, I was finally allotted a time slot to use the bathroom.  hey in this household, with nine of us that are potty trained, the bathroom is rarely vacant and the toilet is always plugged.  I kid you not, every time I need to "go" the toilet is plugged.  or wait, am I the one that always plugs it?  any which way, I quickly raced in and began shooting myself.  well, not literally.

within a couple minutes, ther kids were pounding on the door, wondering what on earth was taking me so long.  when I opened the door, camera in hand, you can imagine the odd looks I received.  they were mainly concerned that I might be taking pictures of myself going potty, or even worse, capturing a photo of my waste products.  I reassured them that I was simply attempting to photograph myself in the mirror.  oh, they said, still confused. then I asked them to shout out some faces for me to make.  at least that seemed to ease their distress a little.

before long, we were all rolling on the floor in fits of laughter.           


so, uh, what do you do around your house for entertainment?

have a great weekend, y'all!

-jessica

10 comments:

natalie said...

Awesome! I love it! Maybe this is what all of us "behind the camera" people need to do so there's at least some pics of us when we pass on!!! LOL. btw...your hair style is darling!

Kimberly said...

Haha. Love them all.

Corinne said...

great post! good morning chuckle... nice haircute!

Keilah said...

:D Thanks for the good laugh this morning. Not your pictures, your story. :) well, maybe the pictures were funny too.

Kristin said...

lol! got a good chuckle! love reading your post and i enjoyed some of the pictures too! good way to start the day! maybe they even put up comp with swim goggles! :)

Amy(Silt) said...

Love the hairstyle!!

mom of many said...

Love your new hairstyle, it looks great on you! I love reading your blog, even thou I don't comment on them:)

BritaL said...

cute haircut! That's another thing on my to do list...
Btw I've been loving the 365 project and thinking I'll have to attempt it next year. Fun!

Brenda said...

Got a good laugh again :) And, yes like the others have said... cute new "do"!

Anonymous said...

i also read your blog and love it, but don't get around to commenting...but i'm going to try start! (i mean, how hard is it to comment, right?)

and btw, you look great!