7.11.2011

back from the deep woods.

just a quick note to let you know that "hey, I'm ALIVE," lest you thought I decided to ditch civilization altogether and become 'chief bush woman' or something.  sounds tempting, but I honestly don't think I'm cut out for the role.  besides, I really like my sleep number bed.  and storing food in a refrigerator.  and not having to swat at mosquitoes.  and hot showers.  and electricity.  and toilets that flush.  and a roof over my head when it rains.  and... and... and...    

we made it back from Colorado early Friday evening, which in a way was kind of nice because that gave us all day Saturday to unpack, wash clothes (too many loads to count), secure groceries for the week, sort through the mail, pay bills, etc.  all those dreaded, but necessary tasks crucial to restoring order back to our lives.  too bad we can't just stay in vacation mode forever, although I think I'd eventually go berserk from the chaos (and kids high on sugar.)

yes, routine is good.

I also had a chance to go through my pictures, all 300-some, and am currently in the process of putting together a slide show for your viewing enjoyment (I did narrow them down to around 100, phew.)  I figured that would give you the option to either a.) look at them or b.) not look at them.  while perusing through random camping pictures may interest some folks, at the same time, it might sound extremely boring to others.  and heavens, I'd hate to force anyone into looking at a picture of... well, I don't want to spoil it.

of all the pictures I took, these are probably my favorites. (taken one evening while chilling around the campfire.)

          
no one can give hugs quite like dad can, that's for sure.

-jessica

No comments: