5.02.2010

the family circus?

so far, in the last 7 days, I've given birth, Gary has continued to pack up boxes (moving this wednesday finally!), rescued one (and thankfully only one) barfing kid from school, brought miss Scarlett in on day 3 for a check up and Phoebe fractured her tibia (aka the shin bone).  ho hum.  just another typical 'week in the life' around here.  tra la la.  piece 'o cake, really.  

uh, excuse me while I go hyperventilate.

wait a sec.  I thought 'The Family Circus' was a comic strip meant to be read and laughed at for entertainment purposes only.  a make believe family with an uncanny busy life and the dingiest kids ever.  surely, none of that could ever happen in real life.

well, I was wrong.  we are The Family Circus. (and have been for a while now).  our life, compared to an age old comic strip.  where sometimes the things that happen just leave me to shake my head and laugh.  or at worst, cry.  and as much as I hate to admit it, life just isn't going to slow down anytime soon.  so, I might as well jump along for the ride. (and hang on for dear life).

deep breath.

I'll leave you with a couple pictures of "PJ" with "Dolly":


IMG_2795

so, what am I suppose to do with this thing?

IMG_2796

hmmm...maybe I'll take a quick peek. 


IMG_2785 copy

suppose I should listen to my mom and give her a kiss for the camera.

happy monday!

-jessica

PS. stay tuned for the tale of "the fractured bone" tomorrow.  



No comments: