6.15.2010

Scarlett's baptism.

it was a most lovely June evening.
IMG_4218 copy 
with the most lovely sponsors: Loren (the invisible guy) and Jess, Ronda (holding Scarlett) and Jeff and Mona.  actually, Loren isn't really invisible.  he just wasn't there, in case you were wondering.
before looking at this next picture, you may want to quickly run and grab your shades. 
IMG_4216 
see?  don't say I didn't warn you.  I sincerely apologize if you were blinded by my glowing white legs.  I forgot to apply my spray tan prior to the picture.  oops.  and I'll blame Kim, the photographer, for adding 10 pounds on me.  Kim, what were you thinking?  hee.  
anyway, here we all are, minus Hannah.  she was at her aunt and uncle's babysitting for the week.  can you find Scarlett?  poor thing all scrunched over like that.  I hope she can survive this big family.
IMG_4253
IMG_4248 copy
forever the jokester, Gary is (on the left) attempting to pick me up.  I quickly informed him that was not such a great idea if he ever wanted to walk again. looks like Scarlett failed to see the humor in it as well.  she already knows to ignore her dad's quirky ways.  
I'm also wondering what possessed me to tilt my head so much in the photo on the right???  okay, so I really, REALLY dislike pictures of myself.  I don't know how to act on that side of the camera.  aside from being and looking like a dork.
here are a few of Scarlett in her gown that grandma Kesti made so many years ago before I had Hannah.  this made for it's 9th appearance.  wow!
IMG_4230 

IMG_4232 

IMG_4242 copy

IMG_4200
feeding Scarlett beforehand in hopes she would behave...and she did.  phew. 
and then there were the cupcakes.  baked and decorated by Clara, chef extraordinaire.  take a moment to feast your eyes on these decadent treats.
IMG_4199
IMG_4176IMG_4168

IMG_4181IMG_4179

IMG_4187 
of course we had to go all out.  Kim and I whipped up these cute cupcake toppers for that extra fun touch.  
but, oh, it was the frosting that made them totally phenomenal.  yum.  and because I'm feeling nice (and evil), I'll share the recipe with you.  hehehe.
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting


  • Servings: 24
  • Preparation Time: 30
  • 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 - 3 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tbsp. whole milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

In your mixer, whip butter and cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes on med-high speed.

Add 1 cup of the sugar and whip until combined.

Add milk, vanilla and salt. Whip until combined.

Add another cup of sugar and whip. From here, add 1/2 cup at a time until the frosting has reached your desired consistency. (I believe I used 3 cups total.)

Turn you mixer to high and whip for about a minute.

*Note: this makes just enough for 24 cupcakes. If you like more frosting on your cupcakes, make a double-batch of this frosting.

Assembly

Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcake.

Sprinkle with pink sprinkles.


..........................................................................
 delicious on pink velvet cupcakes.  enjoy!
-jessica
*disclaimer* I assume zero responsibility if this adds 10 pounds on your figure. :)

No comments: