7.12.2010

San Diego Part III: the beach.

you can't go to San Diego in July and not go to the beach.  that would be like going to the State Fair and not eating mini donuts.  it just wouldn't be right.  

and you can't go to the beach and not take a ton of pictures, right?

wrong.

yeah.  I have a confession to make.  I did NOT take a ton of pictures.  I know, what's wrong with me?  was I feeling ill?  no, that wasn't the issue.  I had every intention to shoot away.  it was just that it was cold, windy, gray and cloudy. and well, everything seemed rather drab and dull.  and besides, I was too busy trying to stay warm.  

but that didn't stop the kids.  they had a blast frolicking in the waves, boogie boarding, and building sand castles.  check it.            

IMG_5946 

IMG_5947 copy  

IMG_5948 copy  


IMG_5950 copy 

IMG_5951 copy 

IMG_5952 copy  


 IMG_5961 

IMG_5905 


 IMG_5954 
IMG_5955

IMG_5968 

IMG_5980 

IMG_5970

I could go on and on about this photo and the events leading up to it, but I would probably get in BIG trouble.  so, all I have to say is this: L to the O to the L.   

IMG_5972 

we wrapped it up at the beach and headed to the parking lot for a little tailgate party.  grilled up some hotdogs and brats for dinner.  I believe I ate my quota of nitrates for the year in one single weekend.  eep.

IMG_5981 

and the day wouldn't be complete without at least one incident.  Tara accidentally locked the keys in their truck.  whoops!  

fortunately, the guys were able to unlock the doors which saved them a call (and some cash) to the locksmith.  phew!

that evening we had a bonfire on the beach while we waited for fireworks.  we were able to view six different sets of fireworks going off around the bay area. cool. (sorry, no pictures of those.)

IMG_5892

IMG_5897 

IMG_5916

IMG_5886 

IMG_5929 


we left the beach full of sand and salt.  

but best of all, we left full of memories.

-jessica 



No comments: