4.20.2011

baby cakes: part II.

I thought it would be fun to let Scarlett do a cake bash, purely for entertainment value.  in fact I was laughing so hard I could barely press the shutter button.  and now, after looking at these pictures and remembering her "what am I supposed to do with this?" expression after I set the cake in front of her, I'm giggling again.

goodness, I can't believe how fast her first year has flown by.  like babies do, she has filled our home with immeasurable amounts of happiness, joy and laughter.  she's been such a good-natured little girl; so happy-go-lucky and always smiling.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again; what a blessing these little ones are!  my cup runneth over with love for her.

well, enjoy.  hopefully the photos will add a little sugar and spice to your day! :-)      

hmmm... maybe she's gonna be left-handed like her momma!

happy 1st birthday, Scarlett Jean.  I love you.  every adorable inch.

xoxo,

mom

PS. although her birthday is not until the 25th, we'll be celebrating it on Sunday (one day early) with family-- aunts, uncles and cousins galore!  Gary's sister Jodie (and her hubby and kiddos) will be at our house for the next few days, and lucky for me, she just so happens to be a cake decorator extraordinaire!  I only had to twist her arm a teeny bit before she agreed to decorate a birthday cake for Scarlett ;-)  it'll be fun to have them here!  

that said, I'll be taking the rest of the week off to enjoy this time with family.  looking forward to lots of visiting, a trip to Sedona, and maybe we'll even drag them out hiking, LOL.  wishing everyone a happy and blessed Easter!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

Awww, she looks as sweet as her cake! Enjoy your time with the cousins!!

Selma said...

Love all your pictures! You managed to catch lots of adorable expressions. She even did a "mousse job" on her hair! Such a cute little girl you have.

Anonymous said...

What a doll!!! I love the poke out of her hair!-Brianna

Briita said...

once she discovered what exactly that pretty piece on the chair was it was all over! way too cute!

pakosta said...

she is just beyond adorable and beautiful!!!
I want to just pick her up and squish her cheeks with kisses! she's precious!
happy 1st birthday little SCarlette!
that was one of my names I had chosen for my girls (we went with Savannah Rose & Ava Katherine)....
love that name still!
tara

Anonymous said...

loves these pictures!! Rita

Anonymous said...

what a fun idea to do for 1st birthday pics!