7.27.2012

summer part 1: on the homefront.

perhaps some of you have wondered what we've been up to all summer, you know, since we haven't done anything remotely blog worthy gone on any vacations like most people typically do this time of year.  well, basically we've been working on the house.  and then, hmmm, let me think.  oh yeah, we worked on the house some more.  and then, oh my goodness you guys, I almost forgot!  we worked on the house!

sound fun?  oh come on, I know you're envious!  I can see it in your eyes, the way they're starting to glaze over with exhaustion.  hehe. 

to curb your curiosity, here's a quick remodel update: currently, Gary is working on the main bathroom upstairs, which we (and I say "we" because I'm right there cheering him on) are hoping to finish by the time school starts in what, two weeks? so we can have more than one functioning shower in this house.  yes, in case you haven't heard, we've been surviving on ONE lone shower (in the master bathroom) since we moved in and it's... well, let's just say I've had enough.  you don't know how many times I've put Finley to bed (he sleeps in our room) only to have someone decide that hey, I could sure go for a shower right now!  and then that someone goes traipsing into our room, flicking on lights, slamming doors, and if it's the little girls, there's much (LOUD) giggling involved and pretty soon Finley is wide awake screaming his fool head off.  can you say annoying?  yeah.  so, pressure's on to get this bathroom up and rolling.  I mean, heck if I want to be awakened at six bells every morning to people tromping in to take a shower before school.

other than that, there are a few odds and ends to wrap up, like changing out plugs and switches, grouting the tile backsplash in the kitchen, hanging a few lights and ceiling fans, the exterior needs to be painted... oh wait, that's probably not an odd or end, and I'm sure there's more but I'm too tired to think about it right now.   
                        
so, while I don't have any fun vacation photos to post, I do, however, have a few (okay more than a few) everyday "life as it happens" pictures to share with you.  (I really had no intentions of completing Project 365 this year, but given the amount of photos I've taken, I may as well keep at it.) 

without further adieu...              

  
*pictures taken with my iPhone and edited either in Instagram or with vscocam.  on Instagram: jessicakesti    

stay tuned for summer part 2: staycation.

have a great weekend, y'all!

-jessica

1 comment:

pakosta said...

LOVE all your pix!
how did you make that collage?!
LOVE LOVE LOVE!
tara