2.22.2010

these two.

these two girls make me laugh every day.  they can be best of friends and yet the worst of enemies... and all in a time frame of about five minutes, too.  having not grown up with any sisters myself, I can only shake my head in wonder at this whole love/hate relationship thing.  although at the same time, I can't help but feel a tiny twinge of jealousy.

These two
just shy of two years apart in age, Ella insists on being the doting "mom" to Phoebe who, most of the time, is the very non-compliant "child".  (we're talking stubborn and stubborn-er, here.)

IMG_9973
well, a couple weeks ago I was observing them playing together (as I was going about my daily routine) and Phoebe was getting frustrated with the whole bossing around thing.  she'd had enough.  I overheard her ask Ella, "why do I always have to play with you, anyway?"

Ella and phoebe
to which Ella replied, "because we're sisters!"

IMG_9987
awww...tugs at my heart strings to see these two growing up side by side.  I hope that someday they will just be the best of friends (and forget the worst of enemies part.)  

-happy tuesday!



No comments: