7.20.2010

random happenings.

I had a few photos on my desktop that were begging to be noticed.  just some odds and ends from our summer happenings.  nothing too phenomenal, but fun to look at nonetheless.


IMG_4626 IMG_5102


IMG_4744


IMG_4724 IMG_3965

above left: Gary and Mark barbecuing at the park on Father's Day.  above right: Gary with a lap full of kids at Kamp Kippa.  we hung out there for a day over Memorial Day weekend with Ruth and Mark and Keith and Kim.    


IMG_4755

Rowan, Logan and Myra at Thorpe park.  we meet at this park once a week during the summer months for fellowship.


IMG_4757 IMG_4758

Rowan pointing out a helicopter flying overhead.


IMG_4705

Hannah and Mariah got to be buddies after Hannah spent a couple weeks babysitting at Ruth and Mark's earlier this summer.


 
IMG_4701 IMG_4709


IMG_4696

the kids make sure to grab any and all spare change before heading to the park just in case the ice cream truck happens to make an appearance.  this time they lucked out.  love the bright red lips, girls. :)


IMG_6230 copy

teaching Jake how to use my camera.  he shot this one of Scarlett and I after I gave him step by step instructions.  great job!  although Scarlett, it seemed, was more interested in other things.   


IMG_4687 copy

and last but not least: little miss Scarlett Jean.

**************************************************

Hannah, in all seriousness, asked me the other day, "so mom, when do I get my own room?"   

I tried to squelch my laughter, but not before a tiny snicker could escape my lips.  snort. 

"well, my dear", I replied matter-of-factly, "chances are, with nine kids and space being at a premium, probably not until you move out and have your own place."  

her face fell as she registered what I had just said, "so, like, as long as I live with you and dad I'll never have a room to myself?"  I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "just be thankful that you even have sisters.  I never got to experience that." 

what followed was what had to be the longest sigh ever recorded in the history of teenagers. 

like they say, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

-jessica







No comments: